Live In Blue

My photo
I always wanted my name to start with a J... for some reason I think it's the coolest letter in the alphabet. I laugh at almost everything... I use ellipses at all times... and i love sex, music, and food. I'm pretty simple

4.06.2009

Self professed... Profound

So...

It's kinda unbelievable I've gotten this far without an entire entry dedicated to her but um...

It's time

Voice 1:














So expected I know... but can you really argue with me?

Yes she's going through some things right now... but give her artistry some respect...

So I talked about my voice feature this week, and Amy is first because of this song in particular (the one below in the video... not the one playing). Yes, all of Frank and Back to Black are hot... but this song (unreleased) is the pinnacle of emotional expression...

Both the lyrics and the voice just come together in such a perfect harmony... damn can Amy write and sing... The first line alone...

I can see you ahead of me... but I'm not always forward thinking

WHAT !!!!!!!

Just think about that for a minute.... could you have written that?


So let's do an exercise... ready?

After you've listened to the song once... go back and fast forward to 3:35 into it...
1) Listen for the second "I live my life"
2) Both "I can't even cry"s

The last one really gets me every time....

Now...




After you've done that listen to "I'm his only woman" by Jennifer Hudson and Fantasia...


Are they fighting over a man.... expressing angst and frustration



Or seeing who can get the most notes into one syllable...



See the difference?




Live.Dance.Breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment